Re: Frames and forms and post and location/replace...

On 28 Oct 98 at 9:46 Dr. Herbert Sulzer wrote :

> dear jose adriano,
>
> just include a new meta in the head of your frameset:
>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NOCACHE">
>
> this will usually prevent the browser to cache your frameset (A/B) in the
> first place, so, when the user calls the cgi-message by submitting the form
> and then tries to go back, the browser will not know the frameset anymore
> but will show the previous document. i guess that is what you were looking
> for ?
>
> sincerely, h.sulzer

  Thank you, Dr. Herbert Sulzer. Thats exactly what I'm looking for.
  Your understanding was perfect, I mean, you guessed I had a CGI answer.

  However, it didn't work.
  I was supposed to put the meta tag at my frameset, isnt it ?
  Below the first lines of it (frameset) :

  <META NAME="HTMLID" CONTENT="HR102F">
  <head>
  <META HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NOCACHE">
  <TITLE>HOR&Aacute;RIO ON-LINE - ATRIBUI&Ccedil;AO DE AULAS (HR102F)</TITLE>
  <script language="JAVASCRIPT">

  Have I done something wrong ?

  As I'm always intrigued(?) about Meta tags, I mean, I'm very curious about
their secret powers, I also looked for "NOCACHE" documentation at HTML40
specification (from W3C) but didn't find it there...

  By the way, my browser is Netscape 4.0.

  Once more, thank you !

                                Obrigado/Thanks a lot,

                                Jose Adriano Baltieri
                                Analista de Sistemas
                                CPD - CENTRO
                                UNIMEP - Universidade Metodista de Piracicaba
                                PIRACICABA - SP - BRASIL
                                Fone : (019) 430-1884
                                Fax  : (019) 430-1898