Re: HTML Includes

 J> For the next release of HTML, I'm sure this has been suggested already,
 J> but since I'm too lazy to go through the list, here it is again...

Yes, it have. Might even be called a FAQ ...

So I skip most of your questing. Your proposal is to make this possible:

 J> <HTML SRC="http://glacid.com/cgi-bin/text.pl">

There are two possibilities to do this. Using HTML 4.0 you can do
something like (not exactly sure on the syntax here, but it's in the
spec) :

<OBJECT TYPE="text/html" SRC="foo.html">

If you have a server which handles SSI (server side includes) you can
do this:

<!--#include file="incl-titleaddr.shtml" -->

For a lengthy discussion of the pros and cons of each method, see the
archives of this discussion list.

// Rasmus

--
kaj@cityonline.se --------------- Rasmus Kaj - http://www.e.kth.se/~kaj/