Re: target attribute.

From: David Perrell <davidp@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 14:09:37 -0700
To: "Stephanos Piperoglou" <sp249@cam.ac.uk>
Cc: "HTML" <www-html@w3.org>

Stephanos Piperoglou wrote:
>> Not strictly true. If the author has control over all content and
access
>> to server-side scripting, it's trivial to create bookmarkable
>> framestates.
>
>Meaning <BASE TARGET="_top"> and a separate frameset for every
document,
>right? Bit of a bandwidth hog, innit tho?

No "<BASE...", but a frameset script that takes arguments, so yes, there
will be two trips per 'page' (other frame content may be cached).
There's a crude example at <http://www.hpaa.com/test/topdoc.asp>.

Not that I wouldn't _much_ prefer CSS fixed positioning for this sort of
thing...

David Perrell