Re: HTML 4.0 in Netscape and Explorer

On Mon, 4 May 1998, Garth Wallace wrote:

> >Stephanos Piperoglou wrote:
> >>
> >> The general trend on the W3C's mailing lists is that HTML is now
> frozen, and
>
> I don't think that HTML is truly final. Some tags are deprecated in 4.0,
> which only has meaning if there will be future versions in which these
> tags may or may not be removed.

Well, you have HTML 4.0 Transitional, which makes use of the depreciated
tags, and HTML 4.0 Strict, which doesn't.  So in a sense, the version
where they are to be removed has already been released.

---- Jonathan Lang <traveler@io.com> ---- x ------- alias: Dataweaver ---------
  Webpage:  http://www.io.com/~traveler  /@\ The Dogma of Otherness insists
  GURPSnet's Benevolent Tyrant for Life  ~~~ that all voices deserve a hearing,
FAQ: http://www.io.com/~ftp/GURPSnet/www  |  that all points of view have
Archive: http://www.io.com/~ftp/GURPSnet  |  something of value to offer.
submit new files to gurpsnet-files@io.com |  --David Brin, "Otherness"