Re: Translation into french

Martin J. Duerst (
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 15:15:12 +0900

Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 15:15:12 +0900
To: Emmanuel Dussy <>, <>
From: "Martin J. Duerst" <>
Subject: Re: Translation into french

At 03:41 98/02/17 -0500, Emmanuel Dussy wrote:
> I'd like to translate the HTML 4.0 Specifications into french to put it
> in my site. As people who are working on it seem not to work 'too hard',
> I want to do it on my own. Does anyone know if I can ?
> Thanx.

Hello Emmanuel (and anybody else thinking about translating),

In principle, everybody can translate HTML 4.0, or any other W3C
specifications, given that s/he follows the rules. These rules
are given in the W3C Intellectual Property FAQ [1], in particular
Section 5.6: Can I translate one of your specifications into another

If you have any further questions, I recommend that you subscribe
to (
and follow the discussions or post your questions there.

Regards,   Martin.