Re: HTML Question

It is simply a "dynamic link" commonly used on unix servers. There is no
way to use the ~ other than form the web-server. For example: on my
system, the unix file path for my web directory is

/usr/people/medendob/public_html

but web address for this directory is:

http://lahs.losalamos.k12.nm.us/~medendob/

This is all done by the web server. It makes it easier for the common user
(and the administartors) so that every user does not have to have a
sub-directory in the web/html directory in addition to their home
directory.

                                         - [3rian  :)

"For I am Costanza, lord of the idiots."
	-George Costanza