Re: Frames spec & the NOFRAMES tag

Alex Stewart (riche@crl.com)
Fri, 06 Mar 1998 22:42:48 -0500

Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 22:42:48 -0500
From: Alex Stewart <riche@crl.com>
To: roconnor@uwaterloo.ca
CC: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Frames spec & the NOFRAMES tag

> > <LINK rel="alternate" media="noframes" href="noframe.html">
>
> I believe
>
> <LINK rel=alternate media=screen title="No Frames" href=noframe.html>
>
> would be better.

Well, yes, except it completely undermines the point of having such a
LINK in a document to begin with, which was rather to have a way for the
_browser_ to automatically know to fetch it if, for example, the user
had configured the browser to prefer non-frames content.

Unless you're proposing that a browser should look at the title
attribute to determine whether it should auto-fetch the link, which I
think is a very bad idea.

-alex