HTML Printing

From: Ravindra Sharma <rsharma@marketfirst.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 12:22:03 -0700
To: "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>
Hi,

I have a problem regarding printing HTML document programmatically without popping up any kind of dialog box.

I need to my solution on multi-platforms. Currently Windows NT/95 and Solaris.

I tried following way:

I tried using Microsoft WebBrowser Interface (ActiveX control) using VB/VC++. I used
the ExecWB function as mentioned below:

Call WebBrowser1.ExecWB(OLECMDID_PRINT, OLECMDEXECOPT_DONTPROMPTUSER, "", "")    'Ok to Print?

It prints document properly.
But

(i) it does not provide me pagination support
(ii) How do I print a HTML document to  a file ? I need to get .prn file.
(iii) Browser also loads Acrobat (PDF) file. I am not able to turn off the dialog box it pops up.

I will appreciate if any-body can suggest a way to print the HTML document programmatically without any dialog box pop-up. I would like to control pagination and page setup parameters.

Thanks.
-ravi