Re: footnotes

Here is some revised code. If you run it in both communicator and IE4 I am
sure you will see what the problems are!! I believe IE comes closest to a
correct interpretation, but  you must be VERY careful with values (for
example try adding a border to the container, and see what happens!! I think
that if you are going to use side headers, tables are the way to go for the
next few months!!

Frank

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<STYLE>
.sidebar{
 position:absolute;
 background-color:green;
 width:1in;
 left:0.1in;
 border-width:1px;
 border-style:solid;
 }
.container{
 position:relative;
 background-color:red;
 width:4in;
 padding-left:1.2in;

 }
</STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV CLASS="container">
 <DIV CLASS="sidebar">
  A side note which we are going to lenghten some more.
 </DIV>
This is a paragraph with a side note
</DIV>
<DIV CLASS="container">

This is a paragraph without a side note
</DIV>
<DIV CLASS="container">
 <DIV CLASS="sidebar">
  A side note
 </DIV>
Another paragraph with a side note
</DIV>
<P><BR><BR><BR><BR>
<TABLE BORDER=1>
<TR><TD WIDTH=100>A side note which we are going to lenghten some
more.</TD><TD WIDTH=270>This is a paragraph with a side note
</DIV></TD></TR>
<TR><TD></TD><TD WIDTH=270>This is a paragraph without a side note</TD></TR>
<TR><TD>A side note</TD><TD WIDTH=270>Another paragraph with a side
note</TD></TR>
</TABLE>
</BODY>
</HTML>