Re: Comments on HTMl 4 draft (9/Nov/1997)

Peter Flynn (
20 Jan 1998 00:19:28 +0000 (GMT)

Date: 20 Jan 1998 00:19:28 +0000 (GMT)
From: Peter Flynn <>
Subject: Re: Comments on HTMl 4 draft (9/Nov/1997)

   >From: Jordan Reiter <>

   At 8:08 AM -0500 12/21/97, Ian Hickson wrote:

   >I think this matches exactly what I had in mind. Why didn't anybody pick
   >this up? I checked the archives and it was already in the W3C Working Draft
   >dated 8-July-1997!!!

   CITE has actually been around for a while--I think since HTML 3.2. In any
   case, the intended content is usually the name of the cited work, as I
   understand it.

Correct. CITE is an original Berners-Lee element, I think: it's been
there from the very beginning.

///Peter, still catching up on the post Yuletide backlog