Re: Suggestion: ALTHREF attribute

James Green (jmkgre@essex.ac.uk)
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 22:05:34 +0000 (GMT)

From: James Green <jmkgre@essex.ac.uk>
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 22:05:34 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Suggestion: ALTHREF attribute

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998 12:47:13 -0800 Nick Arnett <narnett@verity.com>
wrote:

> At 05:29 PM 1/17/98 -0500, Rob wrote:
>
> >I'll take a look at it.
> >
> >This idea reminds me of an XML document type I've been thiking about
> >lately, called "Link Farm Description Language". The intention was to be
> >a common format for bookmarks/hotlists/favorites (or whatever a
> >particular browser calls them) that could be _shared_ by different
> >browsers and _posted_ on the web for others to use.
>
> This sort of thing is very, very much the intent for RDF.  *Very* much!

Put it this way, if the W3C can implement our proposal in RDF ready for
the next release of complient browsers, so be it, but if including it
in a HTML 4.1 version to be ready for the next version of complient
browsers is faster, then do the latter, on other words:

   Don't bother doing it in RDF unless the browsers can support it
   quickly. Otherwise, it'll be HTML 4.x.

Regards,

James Green

Term e-mail: jmkgre@essex.ac.uk   |   Home e-mail: jg@cyberstorm.demon.co.uk