Re: Server reply formatting (newbie)

At 6:13 PM -0500 1/10/98, Jacob W. Anderson wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I'm trying to connect my java http client through the Apache 1.2
>proxy to my proprietary http/1.1 server.  I can connect just fine,
>but my reponse from the server doesn't seem to be compatible with
>the apache 1.2 proxy.  Essentially, I am writing the following to
>the response stream:
>
>  HTTP/1.1 code status<CRLF>
>  <CRLF>
>  <59 bytes of octets>
>

>Am I missing some important detail here?  It seems to me that the
>proxy server doesn't know that the end of the stream has been reached.
>Aside from the content-length, is there some other method which is
>expected by servers to indicate EOF (end-of-transmission rather).
>
>Thanks!
>
>--Jacob W. Anderson (jwa@praja.com)

We're not the right mailing list for this question. This mailing list is
not intended for questions concerning web development, web serving, etc. We
deal specifically with HTML syntax. There are a lot of mailing lists out
there that can help you. Also, I have a feeling you're asking the wrong
people anyway. I can barely figure out the question.