Form with image input type

Per-Axel.Aamodt@oslo.mobil.telenor.no
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 05:07:15 -0500 (EST)

Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 05:07:15 -0500 (EST)
From: Per-Axel.Aamodt@oslo.mobil.telenor.no
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Form with image input type

Hello!

I have a perl script generating a dynamic web-page for ordering items.
The order-functionality is implemented using
hidden input fields, and has input type = image. The page is supposed to look like
this:

Column1 Column2 Column3 Column4 Order item Column 5 ..etc
xxxx
yyy yyy yyy yyy  yyy yyy
zzz zzz zzz zzz <form> zzz zzz
..etc

Depending on whether it is p
the "Order item" column or leave it blank.  Now.. the problem is thi
seems to take up a lot more vertical space than the actual image requires. This
causes the page to actually appe

Column1 Column2 Column3 Column4 Order item Column 5 ..etc
    <form>
xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx  xxx xxx
yyy yyy yyy yyy  yyy yyy
    <form>
zzz zzz zzz zzz  zzz zzz

versions of browsers seem to interpret this
light on this. I guess my question is: Can I have a form with input type = image,
wh

Thanks a lot in advance,
Per Axel Aamot