Re: Translation into french

Brian Pomeroy (
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 07:28:34 -0500

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 07:28:34 -0500
To: Emmanuel Dussy <>
From: Brian Pomeroy <>
Subject: Re: Translation into french

At 03:41 AM 2/17/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I'd like to translate the HTML 4.0 Specifications into french to put it
>in my site. As people who are working on it seem not to work 'too hard',
>I want to do it on my own. Does anyone know if I can ?

You might want to consider the Babelfish utility that's currently being
provided by the Alta Vista search engine
(  It can automatically translate
text and Web pages into several languages, including French.  Not being
fluent in any language other than English, however, I can't attest to the
precise quality of the results, so anything you do will have to be
proofread carefully.

Brian Pomeroy
Author, "BeginnerNet - A Beginner's Guide to the
Internet and WWW" -
Writer's Toolbox -