Re: ABBR vs ACRONYM

Rob (wlkngowl@unix.asb.com)
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 13:50:56 -0500

From: "Rob" <wlkngowl@unix.asb.com>
To: Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 13:50:56 -0500
CC: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: ABBR vs ACRONYM

On 14 Feb 98, Liam Quinn wrote/asked:

> At 11:27 PM 13/02/98 -0500, Rob wrote:
> >And considering that Netscape 4.0 often coughs up on ABBR or ACRONYM
>
> What, specifically, does Netscape 4.0 do?  Doesn't it just ignore ABBR and
> ACRONYM as unknown elements?

When using style sheets, unknown attributes tend to mess things up
sometimes by turning off the current style.

I haven't been able to reproduce it for this message, maybe it's because
I'm using NS 4.04 now, or maybe it's a sporadic glitch. When I've used
ABBR inside P or UL elements the style would sometimes break.

> MSIE4 for Win95/NT4 supports ACRONYM fine, even showing the TITLE as a
> tooltip.  There's no support for ABBR though.

Really? I've never noticed.... Hm.

Rob

-----
"The word to 'kill' ain't dirty    | Robert Rothenburg wlkngowl@unix.asb.com
 I used it in the last line        | http://www.asb.com/usr/wlkngowl
 but use the short word for lovin' | http://www.wusb.org/mutant
 and Dad you wind up doin' time."  | PGP'd mail welcome (ID 0x5D3F2E99)