Re: LINK TYPE=override/type

Martin J. Duerst (duerst@w3.org)
Wed, 04 Feb 1998 13:42:17 +0900

Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 13:42:17 +0900
To: neil@bigpic.com
From: "Martin J. Duerst" <duerst@w3.org>
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: LINK TYPE=override/type

At 10:23 98/01/22 -0600, Neil St.Laurent wrote:
> > I think that in this case the browser can rely on the somewhat more
> > purposeful intentions of the web author rather than the mechanations of a
> > server..
>
> Only as a thought (not really part of this discussion), it would be
> nice to see the future of HTTP allow the client to send a
> Content-Type request:
>
> GET index HTTP/1.2

I hope I won't repeat somebody else, but just for your reference,
the above is possible in HTTP 1.1, and was already in HTTP 1.0.
Just that the request header is called "Accept:" instead of "Content-Type:".
Also, the "charset" part of the content type is factured out into
Accept-Charset:, and there are a few more "Accept"s, in particular
Accept-Language:.

Regards,   Martin.