Re: include facility in html

From: Sue Jordan <sjacct@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 09:46:11 -0400
To: Cultimo <jeroen-g@bigfoot.com>
CC: Marty Landman <marty@catnmoose.com>, www-html@w3.org
Cultimo wrote:

> >So why isn't there a tag for including text in html code?

>I heard that it can be done with css but I want my site to be read
> with a great variety of browsers, so I have to wait before that can be
> implemented that way.

I suppose you mean:
<URI:http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/generate.html#propdef-content>

The problem that only CSS aware browsers could see such content is
tangential to the problem that no browser yet supports the content
property of the :before and :after pseudo-elements.

--
Sue Jordan
The Web Standards Project   http://www.webstandards.org/