Imagemaps and Negative Coordinates.

From: Murray Macdonald <murray@mha.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 13:36:18 -0700
To: www-html@w3.org
Hello People,

I noticed that the W3C spec for HTML does not fully define image map
area tags.  My questions are...

Can Imagemap Areas have negative coordinates?  This is desirable when
you want part of a circle as an area.  For example, if you wanted to
create a circle area in the top left corner that only partially covered
the image it would require some negative coordinates.  Is this legal?

I guess the same could also be desired of polygons.  Is it legal for
polygons to have negative coordinates?

Thanks,

Murray Macdonald            			      http://www.mha.ca
Macdonald Harris and Associates - Vancouver, Canada    Ph. 604.608.0218
Software Development, Web Programming, Database Design, Authoring Tools