Re: who can they be fooling?

From: Garth Wallace <gwalla@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 14:52:58 PDT
To: www-html@w3.org, knumb@hotmail.com
>From: "*Nicholas Owens*" <knumb@hotmail.com>
>To: www-html@w3.org
>Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 12:49:14 PDT
>Subject: who can they be fooling?
>
>who does thw w3c think they're fooling with all of this accessibility
>crap.  i've been slaving over my pages for months in preparation for an
>internet age that will reward universally acceptable pages and i've
>noticed that a majority of the pages in w3 force a horizontal rule in
my
>screen.  granted, it's a small screen but, isn't that what this is all
>about?

Ahem, what? _Forcing_ a horizontal rule? All I see are horizontal rules
placed to divide content into sections to make it easier to read, and
I'm looking at it on a laptop.

From where I stand, it looks like the accessibility initiative has more
to do with making the web usable for people with disabilities, not
people with small screens.

------------ "I am not a number! I am a free man!" ---------------
                                        - The Prisoner*

*or a USC student       <gwalla@planetall.com>