RE: Dates & Times (was Re: Future of HTML)

From: David Norris <kg9ae@geocities.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 21:00:06 -0500
To: <www-html@w3.org>
From: www-html-request@w3.org [mailto:www-html-request@w3.org]On Behalf
Of Rob
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 1998 8:19 PM
To: Carl Beeth
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Dates & Times (was Re: Future of HTML)

>3. providing some kind of reference link in HTML (or another DOCTYPE)
>   that can be imported into a calendar application, for example

Very neat things are possible when you use this sort of technology.  There
is a similar file format used today called V-Calendar and V-Card.  Microsoft
Outlook 98 and several other information managers support them.  You can
click a hyperlink and have schedule or a contact information merged with
your calendar and address book.  Very cool, very fast, and very easy to use.
It is not XML based, though.  I am not sure why.  It is in some strange
format.  However, it is cross-platform.  It is a standard proposed by the
Internet Mail Consortium and IETF, http://www.imc.org/pdi/ .

,David Norris

Illusionary Web - http://illusionary.dyn.ml.org/ <-- 02:00 - 10:00 GMT
Video/Audio Phone - callto:illusionary.dyn.ml.org
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com
ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039
E-Mail - kg9ae@geocities.com