Re: Use of core attributes for frames

Rick Darnell (darnell@montana.com)
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 16:13:08 -0600

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 16:13:08 -0600
To: www-html@w3.org
From: Rick Darnell <darnell@montana.com>
Subject: Re: Use of core attributes for frames

At 17:50 9/16/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I would expect that the content being loaded into the frame would have
>its own style markup.  Why would the IFRAME need style attribs?
>
>-MZ
>--

And images have their own colors, and applets have their own displays, but
you can still control the space they occupy and how they occupy it through
a style sheet. I'm not worried about the content *within* the frame -- I'd
like to be able to control the behavior of the *inline* frame itself, such
as specify alignment, positioning, etc., the same as for the other inline
elements.

/s/Rick
Missoula, MT
darnell@montana.com