Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames (fwd)

Mike Meyer (mwm@contessa.phone.net)
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 10:41:11 PST

From: mwm@contessa.phone.net (Mike Meyer)
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 10:41:11 PST
Subject: Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames (fwd)

> There is the File Upload ability which I would like to see in 4.0.

The value FILE for the INPUT attribute is in 3.2, though it's
sufficiently obscure that a number of browser authors seem to have
missed it. It may well have been overlooked by the HTML 4.0 authors as
well (I certainly hope it wasn't dropped!).

Personally, I favor browsers that let me invoke an editor on the
contents of a TEXTAREA, which means I can just drag in whatever I
want. Unfortunately, not all browsers are that capable.

	<mike