Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames (fwd)

MegaZone (
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 04:28:31 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 04:28:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <>
Subject: Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames (fwd)

Once upon a time Dave Carter shaped the electrons to say...
>The mess whereby HTML has gone down in terms of functionality with every
>release subsequent to 3.0.

I completely disagree.  Personally I think the 3.0 proposal was bloated
with more worthless crap that 3.2 or 4.0.  There were a few useful items
I miss - like BANNER - but few.  I don't think the MATH support in 3.0
was well thought out either and I'm glad it was dropped.  If the claims
of portability and the ability to convey real contextual data - to allow
for importing/exporting from mathematics software - hold true, I am more
than happy to wait for it.

A purely presentational system is little better than incluing gifs.  IMHO.

Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110
For support requests:  <>
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588