Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames (fwd)

Dave Carter (dxc@ast.cam.ac.uk)
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 14:11:08 +0100 (BST)

Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 14:11:08 +0100 (BST)
From: Dave Carter <dxc@ast.cam.ac.uk>
To: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>
cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames (fwd)

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, MegaZone wrote:

> Standards are dictated by market demand too, in every field.  Far more
> people want frames that math.  A few minutes of exposure to any discussion
> group will reveal that.  If you want MATH so bad, have you talked to the
> MATH WG chair about helping?

Irrelevant, it was done, in HTML 3.0. When you say this to them they
go on about HTML 3.0 <MATH> being "presentation based", as if text isn't
presentation based, the order of the letters in a word is after all
presentation. Allowing markets to dictate standards is why we are in the
mess we are in after all.

Dave Carter