Re: Directory Trees (fwd)

MegaZone (megazone@livingston.com)
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 20:56:19 -0700 (PDT)

To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 20:56:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>
Subject: Re: Directory Trees (fwd)

Once upon a time Paul Prescod shaped the electrons to say...
>collapsible trees either. One important reason to avoid Javascript is
>that it is not a W3C standard, Web UAs don't have to support it, and the

ECMAScript is now a ratified standard.  The W3C was supporting the ECMA
effort, so one hopes they will recognize the standardization.

I don't agree that active content should be part of HTML.  It is
programatic, not structural.  There are already vendors talking about
releasing ready-to-use script blocks that you can drop into a document
to get these effects.  Doing things piecemeal isn't worth it, when the
DOM is standardized then we'll have a standard way to do this and much
more.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588