Re: Header, Footer, and Sidebars

Andrew n marshall (amarshal@usc.edu)
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 08:41:02 -0800

From: Andrew n marshall <amarshal@usc.edu>
To: "'Tim Bagot'" <timothy.bagot@keble.oxford.ac.uk>,
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 08:41:02 -0800
Subject: RE: Header, Footer, and Sidebars

On Wednesday, November 26, 1997 6:35 AM, Tim Bagot
[SMTP:timothy.bagot@keble.oxford.ac.uk] wrote:
> 1) If they contain lots of images, etc., it takes longer to download the
> page linked to.

These applies to any page.  What it does mean is that you better specify
how big each sub-document/image is precisely.  That should ensure the page
is usable before it completes downloading the images.

I'm not entirely sure how many UA include the CSS info in the initial
layout info.

> 2) Any change to the navigation aids must be made to several different
> documents, unless they are embedded, which would defeat the object.

Replace the <DIV id='main'> with an <OBJECT id='main' data='page.html'
type='text/html'>

Andrew n marshall
  student - artist - programmer
    http://www.media-electronica.com/anm-bin/anm