Re: List of changes in Nov.7 draft from Sept. 17 version (fwd)

MegaZone (megazone@livingston.com)
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 18:48:39 -0800 (PST)

To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 18:48:39 -0800 (PST)
From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>
Subject: Re: List of changes in Nov.7 draft from Sept. 17 version (fwd)

Once upon a time Steve Cheng shaped the electrons to say...
>> Because it would confuse people not using IE4 - ie, the majority.
>In other words, backward-compatibility is sorely lacking in these two
>elements, ensuring that they will not be used until a long time later.

Ding!  Exactly.

But new features have to start someplace.  I think they are a good idea,
and are fine on say an intranet if you know what browser is being used.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588