Re: Soft hyphen (Re: Cougar comments) (fwd)

MegaZone (megazone@livingston.com)
Mon, 12 May 1997 19:48:16 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re: Soft hyphen (Re: Cougar comments) (fwd)
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 19:48:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>

Once upon a time Jukka Korpela shaped the electrons to say...
>is far more widely known and supported than Unicode so far. And the very
>idea of having an invisible character (or, rather, unpredictably visible
>or invisible character) in a character set is strange.

I don't see what it is strange.  It has always seemed perfectly logical
and normal to me.

It may be strange to you, but not to me - I agree with the Unicode
approach.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588