Re: Cougar DTD - I18N

Arnoud (galactus@htmlhelp.com)
Mon, 05 May 1997 11:59:06 +0200

From: galactus@htmlhelp.com (Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet)
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Cougar DTD - I18N
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 11:59:06 +0200

In article <Pine.WNT.3.95.970504190453.-234817B-100000@hazel.w3.org>,
Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> wrote:
> We do intend to provide a strict version of the Cougar DTD with all
> the presentation clutter removed. A further possibility is to make
> this an XML application, as a stepping stone to allowing people to
> extend HTML on a per document basis, using the style sheet to bind
> to the semantics and presentation.

Will the W3C then also publish a "default" stylesheet to accompany
this strict version and/or XML version of "Cougar"? The 2.0 and 3.2
specs already have quite a few presentation suggestions, and it would
be helpful if those were laid down in a stylesheet.

--
E-mail: galactus@htmlhelp.com .................... PGP Key: 512/63B0E665
Maintainer of WDG's HTML reference: <http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/>