RE: Anyone hear of ms-html?

This is not a new "standard" in and of itself.  "MSHTML" is the name of
the dynamic link library that provides HTML rendering for IE3 and IE4.
Between IE3 and IE4, we've completely replaced this component.  The
codename for the new component was "Trident" (I work on the Trident
team.)  The "official" name for the capabilities this component provides
is "Dynamic HTML", because the component allows dynamic changes to the
HTML and stylesheet properties through automation (scripting, ActiveX
objects, Java applets).  That is, you can change the content and
presentation interactively, AFTER the page has been loaded, including
removing sections of HTML, to create interactive applications in HTML.
This is not to be confused with Netscape's use of the term "dynamic
HTML" all over their site to refer to Navigator 4.0 - they do not
provide the interactive HTML Object Model capabilities that Trident
provides.  There is a group working on defining a standard HTML Object
Model in the W3C, in which we are very active.

Trident does include both stylesheet support (I'm the stylesheets guy)
and absolute positioning (precise 2.5D positioning of HTML elements),
following the Cascading Style Sheets recommendation and the Absolute
Positioning draft standards of the W3C.  Beta RSN.

	-Chris
Chris Wilson
cwilso@microsoft.com
-[-