Cougar: ready for the public?

Arnoud (galactus@htmlhelp.com)
Sun, 02 Mar 1997 19:51:17 +0100

From: galactus@htmlhelp.com (Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet)
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Cougar: ready for the public?
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 19:51:17 +0100

Hi there,

Some people may know that I maintain an extensive HTML 3.2
reference at <URL:http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/wilbur/>. In
the last few months, I've noticed that there is quite a bit demand
for information about "Cougar", the experimental spec-to-be. I
would like to add a section on "Cougar" at our site, but I am not
sure what its status is.

The only information on Cougar I can find at the W3C site is
at <URL:http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Cougar/HTML.dtd>, although there
are also several blurbs in other documents. The DTD is, as far as
I can see, a modified HTML 3.2 DTD with some extra material, but
little to no documentation.

Is there going to be a textual draft for Cougar anytime soon?
Would starting work on a Cougar reference be a good idea at
this time?

--
E-mail: galactus@htmlhelp.com .................... PGP Key: 512/63B0E665
Maintainer of WDG's HTML reference: <http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/>