Re: Cougar: ready for the public?

I'm not sure what sort of answer you're after. I don't
have anything more to say than what is on our web site.

But I'll repeat some of that, rather than giving the
impression that W3C isn't paying attention...

Arnoud Galactus Engelfriet wrote:

> The only information on Cougar I can find at the W3C site is
> at <URL:http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Cougar/HTML.dtd>, although there
> are also several blurbs in other documents. The DTD is, as far as
> I can see, a modified HTML 3.2 DTD with some extra material, but
> little to no documentation.

New drafts appear here:
	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/

for example:
	Design Issues for HTML Forms
     		03 February 1997, Dave Raggett, Scott Isaacs
	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/WD-forms-970203.html

The overall picture about HTML is at:
	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/MarkUp/
and in particular:
	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/MarkUp/Activity

> Is there going to be a textual draft for Cougar anytime soon?

Yes:

============
excerpt from:
http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/MarkUp/Activity

Next Steps

These groups will work on the next version of HTML (code
named Cougar). Just as HTML 3.2 consolidated a number of
work items, we intend to collect a number of proposals which
are currently under discussion.

> Would starting work on a Cougar reference be a good idea at
> this time?

If I had a nickle for every writer who's asked that question
over the last few months...

Dan