Re: LINK tag - why isn't it being implemented by UAs?

Greg Marr (gregm@alum.wpi.edu)
Mon, 09 Jun 1997 09:17:19 -0400

Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 09:17:19 -0400
To: Jordan Reiter <jreiter@mail.slc.edu>,
From: Greg Marr <gregm@alum.wpi.edu>
Subject: Re: LINK tag - why isn't it being implemented by UAs?
Cc: www-html@w3.org

That last message was sent before I finished writing it.  Let's try that
again.

At 09:00 AM 6/9/97 -0400, Jordan Reiter wrote:
>> Anyway, I'll just add that LINK is implemented on *some* UA's, like
>> Lynx...
>> (I didn't misunderstand, did I?  UA = User Agent, which should mean
>> browser, right?)
>I'm guessing that, like all other tags out there, the LINK tag will only be
>used   if browsers begin to support it.  And browsers will only support it
>if a lot of people start using it.

Mosaic 3.0 for Windows also supports the link tag.  It makes a toolbar at
the top of the page out of the link tags.  It has buttons for a variety of
different RELs, and a default button for the ones it doesn't recognize.

Unfortunately, this is the last version of Mosaic.

--
Greg Marr
gregm@alum.wpi.edu