Re: LINK tag - why isn't it being implemented by UAs?

Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor (roconnor@wronski.math.uwaterloo.ca)
Mon, 9 Jun 1997 10:20:45 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 10:20:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor" <roconnor@wronski.math.uwaterloo.ca>
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: LINK tag - why isn't it being implemented by UAs?

On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Jordan Reiter wrote:

> > Anyway, I'll just add that LINK is implemented on *some* UA's, like
> > Lynx...
> > (I didn't misunderstand, did I?  UA = User Agent, which should mean
> > browser, right?)
>
> What about the use of the LINK tag for Style Sheets?  IE 3.0 does and the
> upcoming Netscape Communicator is supposed to support the use of the LINK
> tag in relation to Style Sheets.  Admittedly, that is a very weak and
> exclusive support of the LINK tag.

I'd like to point out, as most probably know already, that Lynx supports
the ``rev=madeby'' link for sending comments to document authors.  To send
a comment just press ``C'' in Lynx.  I'm rather surprised that other
browsers haven't made use of this since it has been in Lynx ever since I
first started using it.

--
Russell O'Connor            |          roconnor@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca
        <http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/%7Eroconnor/>