Re: Forcing to another page to load

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Claus_Andr=E9_F=E4rber?= (w3-html-list@faerber.muc.de)
Sun, 6 Jul 1997 10:34:00 +0200

Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 10:34:00 +0200
From: w3-html-list@faerber.muc.de (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Claus_Andr=E9_F=E4rber?=)
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Forcing to another page to load

Rob Lines <c0nner@sosbbs.com> schrieb:
> i was wondering how you can force the browser to another page...
>
> ie. i move my web page to another site, and i wand to send tem from
> my old page to the new one...

Use a CGI script or sth. like that, return the code 302 (temporarily
moved) and add the header:

Location: your_url_goes_here

If you can't do that, use the following in the <head> section:

> -----
> Rob Lines
> C0nner@sosbbs.com
> http://www.sosbbs.com/~c0nner/index.html
> "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
> Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977
[total 27 lines]

[Side note: Your signature is a bit lenghty, isn't it? For mailing
lists, the same limit as for newsgroups (max 4 lines!) should be used.]

--
Claus André Färber <http://www.muc.de/~cfaerber/> <faxto:+49-8061-2057>
PGP: ID=1024/527CADCD FP=12 20 49 F3 E1 04 9E 9E 25 56 69 A5 C6 A0 C9 DC