Re: Forcing to another page to load

Walter Ian Kaye (walter@natural-innovations.com)
Sat, 5 Jul 1997 20:23:16 -0700

Date: Sat, 5 Jul 1997 20:23:16 -0700
To: www-html@w3.org
From: Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com>
Subject: Re: Forcing to another page to load

At 9:25p -0400 07/05/97, Rob Lines wrote:
 > i was wondering how you can force the browser to another page...
 >
 > ie. i move my web page to another site, and i wand to send tem from
 > my old page to the new one...

<META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT="4;http://www.domain.com/page.html">

where 4 is however many seconds you want the old page location to stay on
the user's screen, preferably telling them the page has moved and suggesting
that they update their bookmark.

-Walter
 PS. This mailing list is not a "how do i...?" list.
 PPS. That's one heck of a long .sig -- you might consider making a web
      page of quotes, and just put its URL in your .sig.