Re: Frames - Problems

Jordan Reiter (
Thu, 3 Jul 1997 02:25:47 -0400

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 02:25:47 -0400
To: Andre-John Mas <amas@lhr-sys.DHL.COM>,,
From: Jordan Reiter <>
Subject: Re: Frames - Problems

>Perhaps you should check out Netscapes guide to frames at
>Erm, I have just tried out a page using frames under Netscape 3.1 and
>found that
>instead of opening the link in the same window, it actually creates a new
>windows (I set the TARGET to _PARENT), as opposed to openning the link in the
>same windows. My code is as follows:
I think you want to set the target to "_top" (lowercase, by the way--it's
case sensitive).  If you want it to open up a new document in the same
frame, don't assign any target--it will do this by default.

By the way, this mailing list isn't intended to provide HTML assistance.
You may want to check out a mailing list that does focus on HTML assistance
and guidance.  You can find one through Yahoo, most likely.

[                    Jordan Reiter                     ]
[ "You can't just say, 'I don't want to get involved.' ]
[  The universe got you involved."  --Hal Lipset, P.I. ]