Re: Question on BASE (fwd)

MegaZone (megazone@livingston.com)
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 01:39:42 -0800 (PST)

Subject: Re: Question on BASE (fwd)
To: www-html@www10.w3.org
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 01:39:42 -0800 (PST)
From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>

Once upon a time James Aylett shaped the electrons to say...
>That's no reason to include the true BASE HREF (which is generally a good

1. The files are developed on different servers and them combined on the
public one.  I do NOT trust marketing to get BASE right.  I was hoping
to to something universal.  Maybe I'll just leave HREF out anyway, or
just forget the whole thing.

>be better to use something like the META HTTP-EQUIV (?) attribute to
>prompt a refresh after no time to break out of the frames until this has

That's evil.  No way I'd deliberately create load like that.

>links. Since any extension such as <BASE TARGET="..."> would require
>acceptance by vendors, either this or a 'break out' button such as is

This already works.  I tried it, and a lot of people in the HWG use
it and swear by it.  It has the desired impact on NS anyway.

>vendors. Does anyone agree with me, or are we all framoholics?

I *detest* frames and refused to allow them on any site I work on.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-426-0770 FAX: 510-426-8951 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588