Re: New tags. (fwd) -Reply (fwd)

Scott E. Preece (preece@predator.urbana.mcd.mot.com)
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 08:12:02 -0600

Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 08:12:02 -0600
From: "Scott E. Preece" <preece@predator.urbana.mcd.mot.com>
To: megazone@livingston.com
CC: www-html@www10.w3.org
Subject: Re: New tags. (fwd) -Reply (fwd)

From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>

| Well, I have NEVER used styles in any WP.  The closes I've come is a
| resume program I used in college that didn't give you a choice about
| formatting.
|
| I always did my own formatting, I never liked any of the default crap.
---

Using style sheets for paragraph indent is equivalent to setting the
indent position on the ruler in a word processor.  You don't do that?

You never wrote troff (or the equivalent) macros?  You never use typed
paragraphs or styles in Word or Frame or the equivalent?  Sounds like
you like to make a lot of extra work for yourself -- all of these
capabilities are about setting something once and having it affect the
whole document, but remain changeable at that one point, which makes
life much, much easier for most of us.

scott

--
scott preece
motorola/css urbana design center	1101 e. university, urbana, il   61801