Re: Mangled CSS

Rob:

Try this:

.bordered{
    border-top-width: 4px;
    border-bottom-width:4px;
    border-style: double;}

if you want double borders just on the top and bottom, or this, if you
want double borders all the way around:

.bordered{
    border-top-width: 4px;
    border-bottom-width:4px;
 border-left-width:4px;
 border-right-width:4px;
    border-style: double;
}

I always id my classes with a dot, and my positioning with a #, and I
don't think it's good policy to  let the browsers render with general
style descriptions (ie thin, thick, etc), but rather with specific units
of measurement. The above code works in both 4.0s.

Rob wrote:

> If I do the following:
>
>   #bordered {
>     border-top-width: thin;
>     border-bottom-width: thin;
>     border-style: double;
>   }
>
> Netscape Navigator will only show top and bottom borders and render
> them as double lines.  MSIE 3 doesn't show them (which is tolerable)
> and MSIE 4pp2 renders borders on all four sides, and renders
> mangled-looking lines to boot.
>
> Rob
> ---
> Robert Rothenburg Walking-Owl (wlkngowl@unix.asb.com)