In addition to INS and DEL elements: UPD(ated)

Aymeric Poulain Maubant (Aymeric.PoulainMaubant@enst-bretagne.fr)
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 15:20:20 +0200

From: Aymeric Poulain Maubant <Aymeric.PoulainMaubant@enst-bretagne.fr>
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 15:20:20 +0200
Subject: In addition to INS and DEL elements: UPD(ated)

In addition to INS, DEL and the hypothetical DATED, can I put back
on this list what I posted one month ago ?

<>
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: [HTML 4.0 draft] comments on INS and DEL
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 16:51:34 +0200

INS and DEL are very good ideas, indeed. But changes in a document
cannot simply mean inserting or deleting text. What about a UPD
(for update) element with the same semantics than INS and DEL ?
UPD would indicates sections of text which were not totally inserted
nor deleted ; in a word, simply updated.
And updated for numerous possible reasons, such as spelling, formatting,
physical (style sheet :) ) rendering, shortening, translating a.s.o.
</>

Two companions now for INS and DEL : DATED and UPD (or UPDATE or whatever).

	Ay.