Jordan Reiter (
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 02:44:47 -0400

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 02:44:47 -0400
To: Liam Quinn <>
From: Jordan Reiter <>
Subject: Re: JUSTIFY

At 9:54 PM -0000 8/13/97, Liam Quinn wrote:

>>IMG { float: center }  (not widely supported by browsers)
>Also not in CSS1 or any CSS draft.
>Not in any HTML standard or draft.

And yet, it is a way to center an image.

As nice as it would be to run all HTML according to existing standards,
sometimes you just have to use the tools that browsers give ya.  It might
not be standard to crack a walnut with a hammer, but it works.

[                    Jordan Reiter                     ]
[ "You can't just say, 'I don't want to get involved.' ]
[  The universe got you involved."  --Hal Lipset, P.I. ]