Re: Images and formatting of lists, keywords in <a>

Kjetil Kjernsmo (kjetil.kjernsmo@astro.uio.no)
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 20:52:10 +0200 (MET DST)

Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 20:52:10 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil.kjernsmo@astro.uio.no>
To: "Hiram Lester, Jr." <hwlester@pobox.com>
cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Images and formatting of lists, keywords in <a>

On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Hiram Lester, Jr. wrote:

>Much of this was part of the late lamented HTML 3.0 which just never
>caught on because the vendors didn't support it.  This would be nice to
>add back in...

Yeah, I thought it would be nice to get it there. But since stylesheets
are supposed to do all that, maybe it isn't such a good idea after all.

>> I feel it is a little awkward to do it this way, and I would like to
>> have	1.	4.	7.
>> 	2.	5.	8.
>> 	3.	6.	9.
>This is simple to do with tables:

Yeah, well, it goes. What I am looking for is really just a way to make a
list more compact, and one way is to do a lot of tables. I don't think
that is simple. I haven't read too much about stylesheets yet, but all the
power there... Guess you could do it as well. But considering, all I
wanted was a compact list, and all this trouble... Just format=compact
would satisfy me.

Anyway, the keyword attribute to <A> was really my main concern, but since
most of the stuff I suggested could be done with style-sheets nobody seems
to have noticed....

Friendly Tiddely-pom,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
astronomy-student (B.Sc.)                         University of Oslo, Norway