Re: Table Syntax (was Re: some more interesting effects ...)

Robert Rothenburg 'Walking-Owl' wrote:

> The table specs I've seen say there are no end tags for <tr> and
> to embed tables you'd use another <table>...</table>.

Please cite a source for this misinformation, so that we can
correct it.

The </tr> tag is allowed, but optional:

------------
excerpt from:
http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/REC-html32
        W3C Document Type Definition for the HyperText Markup Language
        version 3.2 as ratified by a vote of W3C member companies.
        For more information on W3C look at  URL http://www.w3.org/

        Date: Tuesday January 14th 1997

        Author: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>

<!ELEMENT tr - O (th|td)*>

Always, always, always, alwaysAlways, ALWAYS, ALWAYS
(what I mean is, EVERY FRIGGIN TIME!) cite a source.
Just Do It. Do The Right Thing. Keep the Faith.
Cite A Source!

See: http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/#cite

--
Dan Connolly, W3C Architecture Domain Lead
<connolly@w3.org> +1 512 310-2971