Re: What ever happened to <person>, <abbrev> etc. tags

Abigail (
Sun, 13 Apr 1997 13:31:55 -0400 (EDT)

From: (Abigail)
Subject: Re: What ever happened to <person>, <abbrev> etc. tags
To: (Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet)
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 13:31:55 -0400 (EDT)

You, Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet, wrote:
++ In article <>,
++ (Abigail) wrote:
++ > I think 2.3 would have been a much better number.
++ Certainly. But the marketing guys wouldn't have accepted that. "We
++ already do advanced HTML 3.0 things (like frames!), so why would we
++ advertise that we support oldfashioned stuff?"

I don't care much about the marketing guys....

++ > gracefully on non-HTML 3.0 browsers.
++ But doesn't validate. :-(

"Doesn't validate" is not a proper statement. "Doesn't validate
against DTD X" is. If you use the HTML 3.0 DTD, it will validate.
It will validate with <URL:>
as well. And I assume it will validate with "it's all in here" HTMLPro
DTD as well.