Re: Effects of Mixing CSS anf <FONT> tag?

Patrick Nepper (Neppster@compuserve.com)
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 14:44:04 -0400

Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 14:44:04 -0400
From: Patrick Nepper <Neppster@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Effects of Mixing CSS anf <FONT> tag?
To: "www-html@w3.org" <www-html@w3.org>

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997 05:08:22 +0000  Robert Rothenburg wrote:

>Again... The use of CSS definitions for <DT> and <DD> override the
><FONT> tag on MSIE... is this standard, or just how MSIE handles it?
>(How do other browsers handle it...?)

As far as I understand stylesheets, I think they are supposed to provide
basic style-guidelines that are used instead of stylesheets that are implemented
into UAs.

Before the CSS1 spec <FONT>-tags overrode stylesheets given by UAs.
In analogy to this I would propose that now the <FONT>-tag overrides those stylesheets
defined by the author (when present).

I appreciate any comments.

Patrick Nepper
Web @ccess GbR
webaccess@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/webaccess
*Web Design ## Web Publishing ## Software Development*