Re: Critique of the ISO-HTML draft

In article <199704030211.VAA19032@neptune.cs.uml.edu>,
Roger Price <rprice@cs.uml.edu> wrote:
> Hello Arnoud,
> > [Why does the document have all these "Back to index" links
> > sprinkled throughout it? That just looks silly in print.]
>
> It looks as if you have tried to print the file iso-html.iso-html
> which is intended to be browsed.

Yes, I know. And I *did* read it with a browser, but I still think
it looks silly. The "Please see here for more" is just very confusing,
because you have to check what the link leads to to determine more
about _what_ you're going to see. And the "back to index" links are
just a pet peeve of mine.

And my browser recognized it as HTML without renaming it. I just gave
it a filetype of HTML. :-)

> Now that the formal JTC1 process is underway, your organization's
> comments should be addressed to your National Standards Body (NB)

Ok. One more question then, how do I find out what my NB is? :-)
I'm in the Netherlands.

--
E-mail: galactus@htmlhelp.com .................... PGP Key: 512/63B0E665
Maintainer of WDG's HTML reference: <http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/>