Re: ISO and HTML

Drazen Kacar (Drazen.Kacar@public.srce.hr)
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 21:46:52 +0200 (MET DST)

From: Drazen Kacar <Drazen.Kacar@public.srce.hr>
Subject: Re: ISO and HTML
To: snowhare@netimages.com (Benjamin Franz)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 21:46:52 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: www-html@w3.org
	 Z{sY8E9(ME.E]'wvNO`$n#,;9Z`tOFcW/nHZq!BOSrM>V?C<5DTw=<$<xxB~RP@

Benjamin Franz wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Dave Carter wrote:
>
> > What is strange about any of that??? It has been clear for a long
> > time that CENTRE should be an attribute to a block level element
> > and that <CENTER> was only included in 3.2 to appease Netscape.
>
> Actually, it should be specified by a stylesheet and not included in HTML
> at all, being a purely presentationl issue.

I don't agree. It must be part of any style sheet specification, of course,
but I think it should be part of HTML also. Because implementing style
sheets is not trivial and there are and will be style uncapable clients.
It isn't very hard to center some block element and that capability can
be integrated without big efforts.

BTW, I'm not advocating CENTER tag. I'd be much happier if it was an
attribute on all tags where it makes sense. Ditto with SIZE.

--
 .-.   .-.    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.