Re: about the OBJECT tab

Fred L. Drake (fdrake@CNRI.Reston.VA.US)
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 10:33:18 -0400 (EDT)

From: "Fred L. Drake" <fdrake@CNRI.Reston.VA.US>
Subject: Re: about the OBJECT tab
To: Erika Madja <madja@iro.umontreal.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 10:33:18 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: www-html@w3.org

> 	I  want to mention that  this example isn't based on any
> specific browser. So my use of the  OBJECT tag  is rather based on
> the  specification in http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/WD-object.html  as
> I expect that  netscape or any other popular browser will implement
> these features. I want  also to precise that all our existing code
> is C++ and we  want to remain this way.

Erika,
  How do you use C++ for applets?  It sounds like you're not looking
for applets so much as external object interaction / invocation.  Or
do I seriously misunderstand what you're doing?  It doesn't sound like
you're using applets at all; what is actually using your object
declarations?

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.