Re: "Hypertext links in HTML" Internet Draft is gone

Stephanos Piperoglou wrote:

> The "Hypertext links in HTML" Internet draft has expired and hence removed
> from the IETF's archives (making the link on the W3C's server [1] obsolete).
> Is this document going anywhere? Is it going to be replaced? Is it turning
> into an RFC? i'd very much like to have it handy so I can implement it.
>
> [1] HTML Specs, Drafts and Reports
> http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Markup/Bibliography/

It's still available at http://www.sq.com/papers/Relationships.html

It's not turning into an RFC, but it is not dead either. Relations
between documents are necessary for distributed authoring, for style
sheets, for navigating large collections, and probably many other
things. Whether there will ever be a new draft on link relationships I
don't know, but it's my expectation that values for the REL attribute
will be defined in many other drafts.

For example, the relation REL=STYLESHEET is part of
http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/WD-style and is needed for CSS1.

Bert